Cappasity ARToken crowdsale will be split into 2 phases.
- Phase 1 token sale will start at 1PM UTC, October 25, 2017.
- Phase 2 will occur 120 days after the closing of Phase 1.
For security reasons, all donations below the following: $30 will be refunded. (Numbers may vary due to high volatility, but will be fixed an hour before the crowdsale starts). Exchange rates of accepted currencies will be announced one hour prior to the launch of the public sale. These rates will be refreshed hourly during the ARToken sale.
Phase 1 bonuses
– First $10M (TIER 1) – 10% Bonus
– Second $10M (TIER 2) – 5% Bonus
– Third $10M (TIER 3) – 0% Bonus
Phase 2 will have two tiers and bonus model will be as follows:
– First $10M (TIER 1) – 10% Bonus
– Second $10M (TIER 2) – 0% Bonus
Contribution size bonus:
– $100K-$300K – 5%
– >$300K – 10%
The Cappasity Story
Began when a team of professionals with a strong record in 3D gaming participated in a project which required a large number of 3D models. To the team’s surprise, the creation of a single game character took up to two weeks. In order to facilitate the process and make it cheaper the team designed a prototype of a 3D scanner. Soon it became clear that 3D content production and integration could be deployed in more industries than just gaming: engineering, the automotive sector, trading, etc. This is when Cappasity was established, with the aim to develop an easy and a fast platform for 3D content mass-production. In 2013, being a young and ambitious company, seriously examined the retail and fashion industries, as this market was starving for new AR/VR and 3D visualization solutions for their businesses. Ecommerce is the ideal medium for such innovations: consumers enjoy trying on clothes in online stores before buying, studying products closely, and using their tablets to see if a chosen piece of furniture fits into the bedroom, etc. Willing to take a chance, decided to tap into this emerging industry, which demonstrates an extraordinary growth rate.51
Cappasity platform provides more than 700,000 views per month and they are working on new features and a mobile 3D-imaging app. Cappasity graduated from the Plug and Play Retail (Sunnyvale) Batch 7 accelerator. It was selected to join the Dec 2017 Batch of the Lafayette Plug and Play acceleration program in Paris and attracted $1.8m from VCs. Team also host AR/VR/3D events in office in Santa Clara inviting specialists from all kinds of industries including, of course, AR/VR and gaming. The events have grown very fast, attracting people from tech companies and VR startups.
Cappasity AR/VR Ecosystem
Is intended for those wishing to sell, rent or buy AR/VR and 3D content. The Ecosystem consists of an infrastructure layer and a marketplace layer while both are based on Cappasity platform technologies. The infrastructure layer encompasses the blockchain, software toolkits, and decentralized storage. The decentralized storage infrastructure is provided by Cappasity and the independent storage service providers. The marketplace layer comprises the Marketplace for content exchange and the sandbox area as a testing environment for AR/VR/3D content. AR/VR developers and active community contributors are to be supported through dedicated AR Funds.
- The Marketplace functions as a buy-and-sell area where 3D and other AR/VR content exchange happens among the Ecosystem community. There will be two main categories of goods: AR/VR/3D content and AR/VR/3D apps available in the Ecosystem’s application store.
- All content on the Marketplace can be deployed in the sandbox area before purchase. The sandbox has a built-in viewer for content as well as tools to test AR/VR/3D content in practice. This will be invaluable for developers wishing to see how content behaves when run on different devices.
- Blockchain and smart contracts Each ARToken transaction between Ecosystem participants is immutably stored in the blockchain and cannot be reversed. Once a transaction is done, it will be processed according to a smart contract protocol. Blockchain transactions will contain such facts as copyright information, content owner and author (if different), transfer of the rights for commercial use (if any), as well as purchase and license details. Also a blockchain and smart contract logic make fund replenishment and expense transparent.
- Storage AR/VR/3D content and apps will be stored in a decentralized manner by a number of peer databases and multiple P2P servers as a part of a Bittorrentlike system — a geographically distributed network of servers and data centers. White Paper v.2.4_ October, 6 2017 30 Data storage providers will have the opportunity to add their nodes to the Ecosystem’s decentralized database and earn service fees from Marketplace transactions. The Cappasity platform database will be one of a number of peer databases.
- Cappasity platform software tools, SDK for AR/VR/3D content generation, embedding as well as data import from popular third-party utilities (Autodesk, Rhino, 3ds MAX etc.) will be available to the developer community. Developers will be free to build their own apps on top of it, embed 3D objects and models and integrate their own products with the available tools