Next Generation Game Distribution Platform
What is Ultra?
Ultra is the next generation games distribution platform which is designed to break the market monopoly in order to offer new solutions to both game players as well as developers. Empowered by staged software download technology, Ultra has a blockchain foundation which is used by other game networks such as EA games. The new technology has already served more than 100 million downloads across the world.
Ultra offers a whole new set of opportunities for the developers because of its blockchain based functionalities that set the platform for innovative business customizations. Ultra aims to bring blockchain revolution in the gaming industry by creating a fair ecosystem that puts power back in the hands of game players and developers.
Features of Ultra
Ultra offers certain features to their players as well as developers that include:
- For Developers
- Generating more revenue– Ultra allows the developers to earn twice the revenue share as compared to the competitors.
- Getting paid instantly– Instant sales payouts allows developers to re-inject money by opening an unrestricted standard 60-day window.
- Building better games– Developers can ask for the required support from the community through financial incentives for beta tests, or bug hunting etc.
- Growing the developer’s community– With the help of built-in tools such as forums, game-specific clubs, newsletters and chats, developers can manage their community.
- Additional revenue streams– Developers can earn extra money through in-game item-trading, advertising, the second-hand market, and through referrals.
- Marketing toolbox– Developers can enjoy innovative promotional and marketing tools for free.
- Easy game porting– One can easily port games from one platform to other such as Xbox, Steam, and PlayStation to Ultra with the help of universal SDK.
- For Players
- Open platform– Within Ultra user can get access to third-party game services.
- Earning money – By participating in beta tests, watching ads, doing the market study, curating games and much more players can earn Ultra coins.
- Getting access to exclusive games – Players can get access to and play AAA exclusive content only on Ultra.
- Immediate play – With the help of staged software downloading technology, players can play games just after it is purchased.
- Referral program – With the help of 3-level referral program players can earn Ultra coins.
- Games reselling – Players are also given the opportunity to purchase and resell second-hand virtual items and digital games.
The Problems that Ultra Aim To Solve
The Ultra platform simply focuses on the gaming industry by mixing the blockchain technology with that. It aims to work for the benefit of both game developers as well as game players by offering a wide network of gaming platform. Developers will be able to earn more sales revenue and make use of marketing as well as business tools for the promotion of their game. For game players, Ultra offers different opportunities by making them play more games so as to earn Ultra coins. Apart from this, Ultra’s 3-level referral program also lets players earn Ultra coins.
Pros of Ultra
- Players can earn Ultra coins by reselling their games which allows them to buy more content.
- Additional revenue stream as well as referral programs for both developers and players, keep their interest alive in the program.
- Developers can create their own games and further implement those games on the platform. This can be done without having a multi-million budget.
- Players on the Ultra platform can play free games, purchase a premium account and become part of exclusive games.
- One can easily transfer a game or application from other competing platforms to Ultra.
Cons of Ultra
- Not suitable for people who don’t play games.
- Developers might not be able to capitalize much on revenue schemes.
- There might be a situation where the game advertisement might fail to target gamers to large extent. In that case, developers might now be able to earn much from ad campaigns.
- Not suitable for those who don’t possess any technical knowledge.
Keeping in mind the objective and simplicity of the Ultra platform, it is right to say that the project does have a lot to offer to game developers as well as users participating in the project. It is a perfect open source platform that can help developers as well as games to grow in the gaming industry.